When viewing on a mobile device, scroll down past submenu to view content.
'Enabling individual potential through positivity and creativity'
About Our School
As well as the Full Governing Body (FGB), there are two committees which meet at least once per term. These are the Finance and Business Management Committee (FBM) and the Standards, Quality and Curriculum Committee (SQC).
The Governing Board of Kingsthorpe Village Primary School is made up of volunteers from the local and wider community, plus the Headteacher, two parent governors and a Member of Staff. The role of the Governing Board is defined in its constitution.Governors work alongside the school, giving support and challenge in order to provide the best education possible for our pupils. Working in partnership with the head and other staff, the Governors are involved in:
- Establishing and developing the strategic direction of the school, in collaboration with the Head teacher/leadership team, staff, parents/carers, pupils and other stakeholders;
- Setting the school's aims and policies;
- Improving standards of teaching and achievement;
- Setting the school's budget plan and monitoring expenditure;
- Interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff;
- Dealing with complaints about the school;
- Drawing up an action plan after an inspection and monitoring the success of the plan;
- Monitoring progress for priorities identified in the School Improvement Plan;
- Monitoring pupil progress, attainment and assessment, including the comparative performance of vulnerable and other groups and how this compares to internal trends and national performance indicators;
- Monitoring and ensuring safeguarding and health and safety.
This doesn’t mean that we manage the school, instead we act as a ‘critical friend’, supporting and challenging the school to do even better. As Governors, this means that we also have the responsibility to act in a certain way and this is outlined in our Code of Conduct and the 7 Nolan principles of public life, namely,
Selflessness - Integrity - Objectivity - Accountability - Openness - Honesty and Leadership
Governing Body Structure
Governing Body Roles
School Governors must declare any pecuniary interests which may impact the discussions and decisions made by the Governing Body. You can view the Register Of Interests below.